Sewer line problems should never be taken lightly. Sewage leak comes with health risks such as gastroenteritis, and it can lead to property damage. If you think you have a clogged or broken sewer line at home or in your business location in Shelbyville, don’t wait too long to call for an expert sewer line repair.
How Sewer Line Works
The sewer system has one but very important job: take the used water away from your home or building. All drain pipes are funneled to the main drain under your property, which carries wastewater from your place to the municipal sewer lines. Clogs and ruptures can happen in the main line or in any secondary line or drain pipe, causing the entire sewer system to break and the plumbing fixtures to clog.
Here are some of the common causes of sewer line damage:
- Sewer pipe rupture. A broken pipe in the line can cause frequent backups. So no matter how many times you unclog the drains, the problem won’t be fixed. A sewer pipe rupture may be caused by shifting soil, pipe corrosion, or the use of heavy equipment on the ground above.
- Sagging sewer line. Over time, your sewer line can sag due to various ground or soil conditions. When that happens, debris will build up on the lowest spot of the sagged line. This may result in frequent clogs and backups that a plunger or a simple drain clean-out may no longer solve.
- Tree root infiltration. For tree and shrub roots to grow, they look for sources of water underground. If they’re near your sewer pipes, they will likely latch onto them. Over time, the roots will expand and cause the pipe to break.
- Grease buildup. Grease, fats, and oil are some of the biggest culprits of clogged sewer lines. Even if you run hot water on the sink while pouring grease down the drain to help wash it away, the grease will eventually cool off, solidify, and stick to your pipes, causing major clogs in the line.
- Frozen pipes. Sewer pipes may freeze during winter. If not thawed properly, frozen sewer pipes may burst and lead to nasty sewage leaks. It’s best to let the professionals handle them.
No matter the cause of your sewer line problem, let Sexson Mechanical take care of it.
We’re Shelbyville’s Go-To Sewer Repair Experts
Sexson Mechanical has a team of experienced plumbers serving residential and commercial properties across the city. Our team has the skills to take on sewer line repair jobs of any size. We complete repairs promptly, so you can do household chores with ease or get business operations up and running again.
Our Team Uses the Latest Technology in Sewer Inspection
We boost our team’s skills with state-of-the-art equipment. Our team uses a waterproof video camera to locate the problem or source of the sewer leak without digging up your entire yard or driveway. We get to keep the excavation work to a minimum and finish the sewer repair and do cleanup faster than usual.
Get in touch with us today to request a quote or schedule a service.