No matter where you live in Franklin, sewer lines are a crucial part of your property’s wastewater removal system. If not repaired promptly, a problem in any of these lines may lead to serious issues, including property damage and health problems. We can’t stress this enough: never take sewer line issues lightly.
When you notice a rotten egg-like smell near your sewer line, a gurgling noise whenever you flush the toilet, or any sign of a sewer problem, turn to Sexson Mechanical for inspection and necessary repair work. For over two decades, our team has been providing professional sewer repairs across Indiana, including Franklin.
What Could Be the Cause of the Problem?
Throughout the years, we’ve seen various sewer line problems, and here are their common causes:
- Sewer pipe rupture. A broken pipe in the line can cause immediate and frequent backups. Pipe rupture can happen due to shifting soil, corrosion, and use of heavy equipment or increased traffic on the ground above.
- Sagging sewer line. It can happen over time due to various ground or soil conditions. The lowest spot in the sagging line will likely collect debris, resulting in constant clogs and backups.
- Tree root infiltration. As tree and shrub roots grow, they look for sources of water underground. If they latch onto a sewer pipe, they will expand over time, causing the line to break.
- Pouring grease down the drain. Grease, fats, and oil are some of the biggest culprits of clogged lines. Even if you run hot water while pouring grease down the drain to help wash it away, it will eventually cool off, harden, and stick to your pipes, causing clogs in the line.
- Frozen pipes. During winter, plumbing pipes, including sewer pipes, can get frozen. A frozen sewer line can cause every drain and plumbing fixture in your property to back up. The problem may get worse if these pipes burst and lead to sewage leaks.
No matter the cause, it’s best to ask for a professional to address the problem.
We are Franklin’s Trusted Sewer Repair Experts
Our team of experienced plumbers services homes and businesses across the city. Over the years, we have developed the skills needed to take on sewer line repair jobs of any size. Our experience also allows us to complete repairs promptly, so you can resume your household tasks or business operations quickly.
We Use the Latest Technology
We boost our team’s skills with the latest technology in sewer inspection and repair. Our team uses a waterproof video camera to locate the problem without the need to dig up your entire yard or driveway. We get to keep the excavation work to a minimum and finish the work and clean the site faster than usual.
We Service the Entire Franklin Area
We’ve serviced various commercial properties, including an airport, banks, and universities — and they’re happy with our work. Trust our team to deliver the same level of service to your home or business location — wherever it is in the city of Franklin. Reach out to us today; we’re ready to schedule a service for you.